Skip to main content

Re-Read Challenge 2015

Only now am I discovering the wonder of book blogger-hosted reading challenges. Today, I've joined two challenges: the Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2015 and the Re-Read Challenge 2015.


This year's Re-Read Challenge is hosted by book blogs Belle of the Literati and So Obsessed With. "No book is worth reading that isn't worth re-reading," reads a quote from Susan Sontag that absolutely agree with. Every time I read a book I find epic or amazing, I always feel compelled to read it again. This is why I've found myself re-reading favorite books like Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami and Carrie by Stephen King.

My goal for this challenge is to re-read 24 books that I've read in the past. I'm only committing to two books per month because I've already committed to reading 30 books for the Flights of Fantasy Challenge, and I'm a slow reader. Completing these two challenges alone will require me to read and write reviews for a maximum of 54 books, which is around thrice the number I read in 2013 and 2014 combined. I can re-read fantasy novels that can qualify as entries to both challenges, but I'd love to re-read books in other genres as well.

Here are some of the books and book series I'm looking forward to re-reading in 2015:

  • Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling,
  • Chronicles of the Raven trilogy by James Barclay,
  • Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix,
  • Out and Grotesque by Natsuo Kirino,
  • Norwegian Wood and Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami,
  • Carrie by Stephen King,
  • Stardust by Neil Gaiman,
  • Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman,
  • Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk,
  • Esio Trot by Roald Dahl,
  • Atonement by Ian McEwan,
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, and
  • Looking for Alaska by John Green.

Those are exactly 24 books...those are a lot of books! Well, what's the use of participating in a challenge if I'm not going to challenge myself? I guess I'll have to abstain from Law and Order Special Victims unit for the next 11 months.

Comments