Skip to main content

Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge Update, January 2015

I just joined the Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge last week, but the rules state that I have to post an update every last Sunday of the month. Luckily, the first two books I read this year both feature fantastic fiction.


Recommended to me by my friend JJ, The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie was a very fun and exciting read. I gave the trilogy's third book, Last Argument of Kings, a 5 out of 5 rating last January 7 because of its nonstop action, epic plot twists, and unforgettable characters. 


On January 20, I posted a book review on Philippine Speculative Fiction Volume 2, a fiction anthology given to me as a Christmas gift last year. I enjoyed most of the stories in the collection. I found some of them so amazing that I gave the book an epic rating as well. I'm now a huge fan of the anthology series and have since bought Philippine Speculative Fiction volumes 1 and 3 to 9.


I have to get much more reading done, if I want to reach my goal of reading 30 fantasy books this year. I am now reading three fantasy books:
  • The Modern Fae's Guide to Surviving Humanity, edited by Joshua Palmatier and Patricia Bray;
  • Philippine Speculative Fiction Volume 1, edited by Dean Francis Alfar; and
  • Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson.
I plan to read finish reading these books, and many more, this February!

Comments